Friday, October 12, 2012

Darcy's Dublin Experience

It had been rainy and cold in Philadelphia when I left for Dublin. The same weather was found here when I landed. Somehow it was different though. My attitude and spirits were much lighter and I looked forward to walking around in this drizzle. When Nina said that she and Michael and Baby Connor were going to move to Dublin, I thought "oh no! I won't be able to see Connor until he is well past his cute baby stage!" With that it became a goal of mine to visit as soon as possible. I had never been to Europe and Ireland is truly an easy transition for someone who does not know any other language except bits and pieces of Spanish and French. I see it as "dipping my toe" into Europe since it is only a 5 hour flight and I don't need a translator. If it weren't for having to pay in Euros, I would feel like I was still in the Irish section of Philadelphia that I frequent. Even though, everyone here is MUCH friendlier. Nina and Michael have been the best hosts, showering me with all their knowledge and brochures. I couldn't have wished for a better vacation.  :)

Between Two Bridges

A drizzly Day

Bright Ivy across from the Park

If I could only brave the bicycle route...

Where are All the Flowers? Merrion Square

On the Street Where You Live

Grafton Street at Night
An American Experience in Dublin (Captain America's)

Captain America's (Yummy Mozzarella Sticks)


Love the Architecture at Night

Approaching the Park

St. Stephen's Green

From Nina and Michael's Apartment

The little Streets of the Countryside

The Shoreline

Apparently, they are not friendly.

Something to See no matter what Direction

A Fairy Tale of Sorts

Cliffside, the sun was out.

Character

It is well lit, though my camera would have you believe otherwise!

When I came to Dublin, I wanted to meet a tall dark....beer.

Touring alone, a self portrait.

Artistry in Every Glass

If Paul Rudd likes it...

Then it is alright with Obama!

My Complimentary Pint. Yummy.

Gravity Bar View of Dublin with writing on the glass.

An Amazing setting

The Beautiful details in every building

I could see this from the Guinness Factory. Note to self: Look up rental prices.

Football and Tours

The Streets of Dublin. Near City Hall.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you got a photo of that Ivy. I walked passed last week wishing I had my camera! Going in to Stephens Green today to give it a go. Otherwise could I borrow and credit it for my own blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, thank you for all your comments. Yes, you can borrow the picture! Dublin is great and we are loving it here. We really like Paddywagon tours. We recommend them to our friends that come visit.

    ReplyDelete