Thursday, February 28, 2013

Weekends in Dublin

Since we don't have a car, we are always out and about on the weekend, no matter what the weather.  While it is usually cold and will some times snow (but never stick to the ground), it is never unbearable.     I'm happy that I live in a place where the weather is not extreme, especially because we have to walk every where.  I wanted to blog today about our adventures on the weekends.  We usually go out for brunch in the mornings, go to Grafton street to walk around and take Connor to the parks that are close by.  

I still haven't seen a famous person around the city centre, but I know a few of them have been spotted like Conan O'Brien and Justin Bieber.  I'll just have to keep my eyes open.  

We have also just booked our next trips.  For St. Patricks Day we are going to Prague and for Easter we are going to Amsterdam for the tulip festival.  I know, you would think we would stay for St. Patricks Day since we are in Ireland, but I don't think it will be our scene, especially with a child.  

We also need to get our flights in because Connor will be 2 soon and we'll have to start paying 90% of the adult airfare price!

So, here are some pictures from our weekends in Dublin:

Playing with chalk
Playing in Merrion Square
Riding a bike in Phoenix Park
Walking on the Sean O'Casey Bridge
Looking at Art at the National Gallery of Ireland
Connor's favorite chair in Merrion Square
Playing at St. Stephens Green playground
Playing hide and seek in the Museum of Natural History or Dead Zoo

2 comments:

  1. Nina, I've been pining over this hotel for weeks since I first saw it. It's located in Amsterdam. It's called Inntel Hotel Amsterdam Zaandam. I hope you get to pass by it in your travels. :) P.S. I like Connor's chalk drawing. It shows much promise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Nina,

    I came across your blog and learned that you live in Dublin. My company publishes an iPhone app consisting of self-guided walking tours in Dublin. However, these walking tours were compiled three years ago and some of the information may be out of date. We are looking for people who currently live in Dublin to review the tour content and give us feedback.

    Would you be interested in reviewing our walking tours in Dublin or posting a "Look for reviewers" announcement for us in your blog? We offer reward to people who send us feedback. The reviewers will receive gift codes for our iOS walking tours apps. Each gift code is good for a free walking tour iPhone app download, normally priced at US$4.99. We have walking tour apps covering all major cities in the world.

    I look forward to hearing from you.


    Best regards,

    Xena Copilova
    xenac@gpsmycity.com
    GPSmyCity.com

    ReplyDelete