Saturday, January 4, 2014

What a difference a year (and more) makes

So sorry that its been a while since I posted in the blog.  I can't believe we have lived in Ireland for a year and a half now.  Time is flying by.  We just recently went to Vienna and Salzburg, Austria for the Christmas holidays.  It was warmer than we expected but both places were beautiful.

We have definitely settled into our lives here in Ireland and it does feel like home.  Work is much better for me and it makes a difference being here for more than a year.  I was also promoted recently after a lot of hard work.

We were here for the best summer in Ireland in almost 20 years.  Dublin in the sun is gorgeous.

We went back to the US for one of my best friend's wedding in November and there were so many reasons for us to miss the US when we came back to Ireland.  Its been great here, but after this much time away, you do miss home, family, and friends.  I appreciate them all much more since I have been here.

Connor is really enjoying our trips now and is always asking to go on the plane or go to a hotel.  He loves seeing castles and we have been to atleast one park/playground in every new city we have visited.  All of these travels have been expanding his knowledge of the world and I can see this when he points things out in pictures and books that he has already seen being here and traveling the world.  This has been a great experience for our family and I am really glad we are doing this.

Here are some pictures of our recent travels...

Stonehenge, England


London, England

Madrid, Spain

Salzburg, Austria

Vienna, Austria

Paris, France


Happy New Year everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Can't believe you've been here for over a year and a half. NUTS! Glad to hear you're settling in well!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ly, I know it went by so fast! I'll have to ask you more advice again soon. Hope you are doing great with your little one!

    ReplyDelete